1-Day No Fuss Cleanse
This 1-day cleanse is the perfect "reset button" after a holiday, wedding weekend, or one of those weeks of not-so-healthy eating. I know how tough it can be to commit to a cleanse for any real length of time (7, 14, 28 days), so I came up with this 1-day cleanse plan for when you don't want to fuss around with lots of meal prep or put your summer social activities on hold. A great day to do this cleanse is Monday or Tuesday after, for example, a big weekend. You can pick up the essentials from the grocery store on Sunday or Monday and get started right after that. As you can see from the photo, I purchased my green juices and nut milk. You can, of course, make these yourself but the beauty of this cleanse is that you don't have to spend much time in the kitchen!
So here's the plan:
- Wake up and drink 12 ounces of warm water with the juice of 1/2 lemon
- Have a 1 ounce shot of a probiotic beverage (I chose beet kvass, but you could do apple cider vinegar or concentrated coconut water kefir)
- For breakfast, eat a chia pudding - recipe below *prep the night before!*
- Mid-morning, have a low-sugar, cold-pressed green juice
- For lunch, have a bowl of chicken bone broth soup (I pulled this out of the freezer, but you could buy it if you don't want to make it yourself)
- Mid-afternoon, drink another low-sugar, cold-pressed green juice
- In the evening, have a warm low-sugar nut milk (just pour it out into a small saucepan and gently warm)
- Go to bed early!
You'll wake up the next morning feeling fresh and energized!! Let me know how it goes for you! Have fun!
Recipe for Raspberry Chia Pudding:
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut, almond or cashew milk
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup, maple syrup, raw honey or 5 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- In the blender, combine all ingredients except chia seeds and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a mason jar and add chia seeds.
- Put the lid on and give it a shake to incorporate the chia.
- Let rest in the fridge overnight.